- 4 Duck Breasts
- ¾ cup Reduced Sodium Chicken Stock
- ½ cup Trio Carmel Fig balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Trio Carmel EVOO (Arbequina or Koroneiki)
- 2 Ripe Pears, cut in half, cored, then again in 1/4″ slices
- 1 Yellow onion, cut in half, then again in 1/4″ slices
- 1½ lbs fingerling potatoes (boiled, cut into 1″ pieces)
- 2 Tablespoons Rosemary or Sage, fresh & chopped
- Score duck breasts using a sharp knife (criss-cross in 1″ pattern). Season duck with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add duck and cook about 6 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pan drippings.
- Heat the drippings in large saute pan over high heat. Add the pears, yellow onions, and potatoes and sauté until brown, 5 minutes. Stir in sage; season with salt and pepper. Transfer hash to bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Heat the same saute pan over high heat. Add chicken broth and fig balsamic vinegar; bring to a boil. and then reduced to glaze, about 5 minutes. Season glaze with salt and pepper.
- Divide pear & onion mixture onto 6 plates. Slice the duck breasts and serve over the pear & onion mixture. Drizzle glaze over the duck breast & enjoy.